B is for Believing in yourself. As an aspiring writer, this is something I have had to hold to. When others don’t understand what I am trying to do, or they hint that I should give up or take an easier road to publication, I just smile. I believe in myself and I am making progress. That doesn’t mean I never have doubt, but I never stop believing that no matter what, I have already succeeded just in setting out to write a novel and getting as far as I have has meant success.
Here are “9 Principles for Success” as written by a man named Terry Dean. You can find his original site here. I think they are right on.
1. Set Goals. Set aside any negative thoughts and write down the goals… map your course… and follow it.
2. Become A Problem-Solver. Never believe any problem is unsolvable…Stay away from negative thinkers.
3. Be Confident. If you believe you can’t achieve something, you probably won’t…Train yourself to believe you can achieve and you will.
4. Be a Possibility Thinker. Think big! The only thing holding you back is you.
5. Don’t Worry About Failing. …Trying to do something great and failing could be one of the best things you have ever done in your life. Failure is not failure to meet your goals, but the failure to reach as high as you possibly can.
6. Take Action. Just get started…TODAY! …Don’t be a dreamer…be a doer. (Those who want it, find a way, those who don’t find an excuse.)
7. Be Enthusiastic!
8. Maintain A Positive Attitude.
9. Never Give-up.
How about you? What do you believe in?