Wow – thanks Piedmont Writer. I am not really sure what to do with such an award because I am – as you said – a freshman here.
But thanks for the
award. And now I need to pass it on to someone else.
I will give this lovely “Bloom of an Idea Award” to Perri – because she is not only a writer – but is also a farmer and a mom and wow – she impresses me all the time.
And do I have to say some things about myself or is that just for certain awards?
Well – IDK – but I haven’t done an about me – so I’ll say seven things anyway – even if it is against award protocol.
1)I am a high school English teacher and have my summer off. I love teaching Hamlet, the Iliad, and All American Literature. My students are Juniors – aged 16-17. Oh what a job.
2) I am named after a wood sprite in Shakespeare’s the Tempest (not that little mermaid)
3) I have three cats (Pedro, Lydia, and Simone) and 8 chickens (Helen, Clementine, Red, Agatha, Martha, and Gertrude [the 3 witches], and Elenore and Ophelia.
4) I love water – because I am a Cancer (but on the cusp of Gemini)
5) I am 33 and 5′ 0″ tall (on a good day)
6) I have only one sibling – a sister who is twelve years older than me
7) I grew up on a lake and when I was 14 my dad gave me a canoe and it was my trasportation for a long time.I have many fond memories of meeting my friends at the town beach and spending days island hopping and swimming
Thanks again Piedmont Writer – and maybe someday I will have more than 50 followers – but I have to admit – I am not as dedicated a blogger as many. I really just want to share my writing thoughts – because my husband can only listen to so much. I read them much more than I write them. I love reading everyone’s posts very much.